In the heart of Maryland, Baltimore County is a short drive from Baltimore City’s Inner Harbor, BWI airport, Annapolis, Columbia, and Havre de Grace, Maryland and an hour’s drive from Washington, D.C. Leisure activities in Baltimore County mirror the region’s diversity. You’ll find outdoor sports from the Chesapeake Bay to the NCR Trail and a strong connection to America’s heritage, With so much close by, you can start your day in steeplechase country and end it with dinner overlooking the Chesapeake Bay. Baltimore County has over 175 miles of Chesapeake Bay shoreline, rolling horse country, and symphony concerts at Oregon Ridge Park. The county is also home to four state parks: Gunpowder Falls, Hart-Miller Island, North Point and Patapsco Valley. The county is full of historic attractions including the Benjamin Banneker Memorial Historical Park and Museum, Hampton National Historic Site, Maryland State Police Museum and is home to the Maryland State Fair in Timonium. Three public beaches are available at Miami Beach, Oregon Ridge Park and Beach and Rocky Point Beach and Park. Six public golf courses and 8 private courses can be played here.
Cities in Baltimore County Maryland include: Baltimore, Towson, Dundalk, White Marsh, Randallstown
Top Ten Things To Do in Baltimore County
1. Stop by the African American Cultural and Historical Festival in September for entertainment, historical exhibits, children’s activities, and more!
2. Don’t miss the Towsontown Spring Festival, featuring musical entertainment and hundreds of vendors
3. Participate in the annual Defenders Day Celebration, complete with battle reenactments, living history, and other activities
4. Attend the Maryland State Fair, a summer tradition featuring livestock, farm and garden exhibits, midway rides, great food, and more!
5. Listen to a Baltimore Symphony Orchestra concert at Oregon Ridge Park
6. Learn about the environment at one of Baltimore County’s three nature centers – Irvine Nature Center, Oregon Ridge Nature Center and Park, and Marshy Point Nature Center
7. Enjoy wine-tasting at Boordy Vineyards, Basignani Winery, or Woodhall Wine Cellars
8. Participate in the Maryland Half Marathon
9. Spend the night at one of Baltimore County’s numerous hotels, motels, and inns
10. Enjoy great shopping at over a dozen malls and shopping centers in the county
Top Ten Things To See in Baltimore County
1. Visit Hampton National Historical Site, featuring a mansion completed in 1790, surrounded by gardens and beautifully landscaped grounds
2. See actor Harris Glenn Milstead’s (aka Divine) grave at Towson Prospect Hill Cemetery
3. Catch a triple feature at Bengie’s Drive-In Theater
4. Watch steeplechase horse racing at one of the many horse events in Baltimore County, which include the Hunt Cup and the Legacy Chase
5. See 4th of July fireworks over the water at the Fireworks Extravaganza in Middle River
6. See exhibits and aircraft artifacts at the Glenn L. Martin Maryland Aviation Museum
7. Visit the Banneker Historical Park and Museum, featuring exhibits about colonial history, art, science, and the life of Benjamin Banneker, a prominent African American scientist
8. See your favorite regional band playing at the Recher Theater in Towson
9. See a play, musical performance, comedian, or other entertainment at The Gordon Center for the Performing Arts
10. Enjoy nature at one of Baltimore County’s four state parks, including Gunpowder Falls, Hart-Miller Island, North Point and Patapsco Valley